Rwanda March 2020 Imana Kids TeamFriday, March 20, 2020 - Sunday, March 29, 2020
Rwanda Imana Kids TeamMarch 20-29, 2020
Trip Cost: $1100-$1400 + airfare
This team will work with students from Imana Kids, a ministry that provides sponsorship, education and hope for orphans, former orphans and street kids. GBLI has ongoing relationship with Imana Kids. In fact Imana Kids was birthed from a Go Be Love trip to Rwanda and Imana Kids has an ongoing ministry in Rwanda that allows them to build long-term relationships with their kids. Your short-term trip will take place in the context of these long-term relationships and will allow you in a short time to be part of the significant ministry already taking place here.
In Rwanda you will…
– Connect with orphans of all ages. This is an incredible opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus. From holding toddlers to playing soccer with elementary students, to hanging out with other college students each evening — you’ll have the chance to connect with lots of Imana Kids!
– Visit the national Genocide Museum to learn how the genocide impacts Rwanda and the world still today.
– Join a Rwandan church plant in worship. These guys are like Citylight Rwanda! They love Jesus. They preach the gospel. They gather and scatter. They’re growing and long to plant churches across Rwanda and beyond. We would get to attend Gospel Community Church on Sunday morning and talk church planting with their leaders afterward!
– Visit the future home of Hope Village. Imana Kids has purchased land to build a school, a health clinic, a community of foster homes and plant a church! The land was used as a killing ground during the genocide, but now we get to be part of seeing it redeemed to declare life through the blood of Jesus!
– Experience a safari day in Akagera National Park home to wild zebras, giraffes, rhinos, hippos, lions, warthogs, monkeys, elephants, eagles and more!
Space on this trip is limited and it will fill up fast. Sign up now!
Trip Type: Focused – this trip travels to one city and visits one specific group of children and has less in-country travel than some. This allows the team to build strong relationships with the children and workers they visit.
This Trip is Appropriate for: Individuals, and groups who are able to handle long travel times, walking, rides on bumpy roads, long days and the difficulties involved in seeing impoverished and difficult conditions. If you are pregnant or think you might be during this trip, please check with your doctor before planning to travel. Teachers, counselors and therapists are always welcome and encouraged to go on this trip but no skill level is required – just a heart for hurting kids.
Age Requirements: 9 and over with a parent, 15 and over without. Ask for our Considerations for Children document if you’re not sure about bringing children.
Total Trip Cost
$1100 – $1400 per person (based on team size) + airfare
*Final total varies depending on team size and flight costs which will vary depending on your departing airport. Your exact total trip cost will be given to you after flights are booked. Flights to Rwanda in March can range from $1200-$1700.
Estimated at $2300 – $3100 total including flights.
Trip Payment Schedule
DUE AT SIGN-UP – $250 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
DUE DEC 5, 2019 – $500 FIRST PAYMENT
DUE JAN 5, 2020 – $1500 SECOND PAYMENT (For booking flights)
DUE FEB 5, 2020 – FINAL BALANCE DUE
*If you sign up for the trip past any of the above payment due dates, you will need to fundraise to catch up on those deadlines quickly.
The following items are included in the trip cost:
✓ International airfare plus domestic connections from your home airport (see flight info below for more details on flights)
✓ 3 meals a day on the international portion of the trip
✓ Accommodations based on sharing rooms with other team members (see FAQ page for more info on room arrangements)
✓ In-country transportation
✓ Translator/Guide (if needed)
✓ Trained leader for the team
✓ Visa fee (if any)
✓ ACE Travel Insurance Coverage (medical, liability, travel and security assistance services)
✓ Tipping for guides, meals out, etc.
✓ Administrative costs
✓ Excursion costs (if any)
Costs not included in the trip price are: meals on airport travel days when traveling to and from the US, any additional costs due to deviations, any fees associated with baggage or immunizations, passport, personal shopping money and incidentals such as snacks, additional beverages, laundry, phone calls, film and other personal items. Costs for arts & crafts and other items needed for activities your team takes to do with the children are also not included in the trip cost.